The policy of the Pianoforte Tuners' Association is:
- To safeguard the legitimate interests of all Members.
- To bring together piano tuners and technicians for mutual protection and benefit.
- To proclaim the importance of high professional standards of proficiency and to help raise those standards.
- To educate the public on the need for regular and skilled tuning and servicing.
- To provide the strength of association which is necessary to safeguard and to represent the tuning profession.
- To require Members to adhere to the Code of Conduct.
All non-confidential Association documents shall at all times be open for inspection by any person having a legitimate interest in the Association.
Members, Honorary Life members, PTA Associates, PTA Students and Patrons will receive the Yearbook and Newsletter.